We allow our rightholders up to three years, counting from the year in which the work was aired/used, to submit their claim. After that period, the distribution year ends. If your claim is submitted after the official deadline of a distribution year and you were not yet registered as a NORMA member, you may still be entitled to remuneration through our ‘claiming after distribution deadline’ procedure. This is subject to our terms and conditions listed below.
Requirements for claiming after distribution deadline
In order to be eligible for claiming after distribution deadline, you must meet the following three requirements:
– You were not yet registered as a NORMA member upon the official deadline of that particular distribution year.
– Your after-claim must be submitted within our two-year grace period (calendar years), counting from the official deadline.
– Your after-claim must be submitted via email, so please contact our service desk.
Distribution year deadline
Our distribution year deadlines are generally set towards the end of each three-year claim period (around October). This will allow for sufficient time to process any submitted claims before the distribution year has officially ended.
- You signed up with NORMA in January 2018. The distribution year of 2014 ended in 2017, but you’d still like to submit a claim for work aired in 2014. As you were not yet registered at NORMA upon expiry of said deadline, there’s a two-year grace period in which you may still submit an ‘after-claim’. Your after-claim must be submitted via email, so please contact our service desk through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You were already registered as a NORMA member in 2013, but forgot to submit a claim for the years of 2013 or 2014 (both of which deadlines have now expired). As you were already registered at NORMA at the time of expiry, you may no longer submit a claim for said years (as the distribution years of 2013 and 2014 ended in 2016 and 2017 respectively).
The ‘claiming after distribution deadline’ procedure, as stated in article 5.4 of our General Distribution Regulations, is intended specifically for rightholders who were not yet registered at NORMA and who were therefore unable to submit their claim for the period(s) as mentioned in articles 5.2 and 5.3 of our General Distribution Regulations. Rightholders registered at NORMA are, in line with article 5.2 of their exploitation agreement, obliged to submit their repertoire to NORMA immediately after the air/usage date (but no later than set deadlines). NORMA is legally bound to pay out remunerations no more than three years after receiving the budget (in line with article 5.3 of our General Distribution Regulations). So please ensure to submit your claims in time!